Life at JBC Energy
Our office’s fast-paced work environment means change is the only certainty. At JBC Energy, you’ll work alongside great people with a variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in energy markets, hard working and most of all a team player, then JBC Energy is the right company for you.
We are committed to training and educating our team. In addition to providing our staff with the opportunity to attend internal and external training programmes, our experienced analysts act as mentors to the junior members of our team.
Opportunities at JBC Energy
JBC Energy is always looking to hear from bright, goal orientated, hardworking team players who have a genuine interest in oil markets. If you think you’ve got what it takes to become a member of our team or want to have the opportunity to gain hands on experience by doing an internship with us, please forward your CV (including photo) and a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for us to email@example.com
Opening: Junior Energy Market Analyst (m/f)
JBC Energy is seeking Junior Energy Market Analysts (m/f) for its Research Team at its office in central Vienna.
Successful candidates will have a strong interest in international energy markets, sound analytical backgrounds, and enjoy writing/editing reports and articles.
- Researching and analysing international energy markets with a focus on crude oil and refined product markets
- Writing articles and studies on the latest energy market developments on a regular basis
- Updating, developing, and analysing databases and charts
- Have a strong interest in oil, gas, and alternative energy markets as well as broader economic and political developments
- Are fluent in English (preference for native speaker; German, Arabic, Mandarin or Russian are additional assets)
- Have solid analytical skills and a natural interest in numbers
- Have a high level of computer proficiency and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel)
- Have a bachelor degree or higher
- Have ideally some work experience
- Hold a valid Austrian work permit
- Stimulating work focusing on an interesting, global market of great economic and political significance
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-moving environment
- A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Austrian law obliges us to quote the minimum annual gross salary, which amounts to €25,600 for this position as defined by the relevant collective bargaining agreement (for minimal qualifications and without extra hours) with the possibility of higher payment.
Applicants should send a cover letter with a CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications sent by email will be considered.
Stellenausschreibung: SQL / Web Developer (Teilzeit)
Gegründet in den frühen 1990er Jahren, zählt JBC Energy weltweit zu den Marktführern in der Beratung und Analyse im Bereich der globalen Marktentwicklung für Öl- und Gas.
Wir suchen Verstärkung für unser IT Team im Rahmen von 20-25 Wochenstunden
Aufgabengebiet – Softwareentwickler/in SQL/Web Developer
- Verantwortung für Weiterentwicklung und Optimierungen der Datenbanken
- Erstellen komplexer Abfragen und Auswertungen
- Automatisierung von Daten Uploads / Downloads (Querys, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Komplexe Datenbank-Programmierung
- Entwicklung von Intranet Seiten mit SQL Anbindung
- Erfahrung mit Microsoft SQL Server / SQL Programmierung
- Fundiertes Know-how im Bereich relationaler Datenbanken
- Genauigkeit und Qualitätsbewusstsein
- Kommunikations- und Teamorientierung
- Sehr gute Deutsch- und Englischkenntnisse
- Erfahrung mit VBA / Excel Modulen
- Freude am Umgang mit Zahlen
- Hoher Grad an Zuverlässigkeit und Genauigkeit
- Analytisches Denken, konzeptionelles Arbeiten
Bruttomonatsgehalt laut KV ‘Handel und Gewerbe’ EUR 1.781,71 (Vollzeit). Möglichkeit der Überzahlung je nach Qualifikation. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre aussagekräftige schriftliche Bewerbung mit Foto an:
Opening: Web Developer (m/f)
JBC Energy is seeking a Web Developer (m/f) to take over an existing Django-based project to organise and optimise client interaction.
- Proficiency in Python (3.4+)
- Knowledge of one backend framework, preferably Django
- Experience with versioning systems (preferably Git)
- Ideally knowledge on webhosting with Amazon web services
- Experience with Linux/Ubuntu is also a plus
- Strong written and spoken English is a must
- Some work experience
- A valid Austrian work permit
- Full-time position with flexible hours, but other arrangements may also be possible
- The chance to work on a challenging project in the energy industry, potentially contributing to all relevant steps.
- A friendly, multi-cultural and dynamic working environment
- Office in the 1st district of Vienna, the most liveable city in the world (Mercer)
- A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Austrian law obliges us to quote the minimum annual gross salary, which amounts to €39,200 for this position as defined by the relevant collective bargaining agreement (for minimal qualifications and without extra hours) with the possibility of higher payment.
Applicants should send a cover letter with a CV via e-mail to email@example.com, and if possible a link to your portfolio/github/bitbucket profile.
Only applications sent by email will be considered.