10 December 2018
Oil falls nearly 2 percent on stocks sell-off, pares OPEC deal gains
“‘As usual, prices are not a target of OPEC+ policy, but our takeaway is that current price levels largely meet the interests of most participating countries,’ consultant JBC Energy said.”
10 December 2018
INTERVIEW: Johannes Benigni on the Current Oil Market
• Non-OPEC members (especially Russia) play an increasingly important role in global oil balances.
• The reasons why a country chooses (or does not) to be a member of OPEC are manifold, so the recent decision by Qatar to leave OPEC is not a sign of a clear trend.
• The US shale supply is probably the most pressing issue right now, with the US having the biggest supply addition in 2018.
• The production cut that OPEC+ agreed on is necessary, aiming to balance the market in (early 2019).
• Oil prices are expected to stay around the $60-$65 range and stabilize there.
Al Jazeera America
07 December 2018
INTERVIEW: Johannes Benigni on the December 2018 OPEC Meeting
• Even though a consensus between 25 different countries will be difficult to reach, a deal is expected to be made at the end of the day.
• The cut is not expected to be too big, so the price of oil should remain around where it currently is.
• Raising the price above $60 is undesirable as it invites a big response from shale producers.
• OPEC still remains strong, especially in their cooperation with Russia.
27 November 2018
INTERVIEW: Johannes Benigni on the recent oil price development featured on CNBC
• The recent oil price collapse is also a reflection of a demand growth shock in the market, which we were warning about early.
• Now there is also special relevance of the quality of the oil produced: OPEC barrels are still in high demand (i.e. medium sour barrels) while there is an oversupply of light crude oil barrels (mostly from the US).
• The expectation is that OPEC will have to make some cuts although not necessarily changing the official reference number; given current market fundamentals the most effective way would be to cut the light end of the barrel.
• The hope for OPEC is that if the prices are lower, the demand will come back and the market will stabilize, and that will prevent attraction to much investment in shale oil.
26 October 2018
UPDATE 3-U.N. shipping agency pushes ahead with tougher marine fuel rules
‘ “Many saw MEPC 73 as the last chance to delay or soften implementation and the fact that both proposals were rejected strongly suggests that IMO 2020 will enter the market as expected on Jan. 1, 2020,” Vienna-based consultancy JBC Energy said in a note on Friday.’
18 October 2018
Brent Crude Falls Below $80 as U.S. Inventories Grow
‘Analysts at consultancy JBC Energy wrote in a daily note on Thursday that the “strong build in U.S. crude stocks was the fourth in a row, meaning that crude stocks have now built by over 22 million barrels in the past four weeks.” ’
10 October 2018
Oil Prices Decline on Stocks, U.S. Inventories
‘ “Let’s worry about upside risks to supply for a change,” said JBC Energy in a research note. “The market may be far more able to absorb additional supply disruptions than many currently still assume, bringing with it a pronounced downside risk to outright prices.” ’
13 September 2018
Five factors to watch as Brent oil hits $80 a barrel
‘ “ Iran is increasingly becoming the preoccupation of the crude market,” said analysts at JBC Energy. An expected squeeze on crude flows was already taking shape, they said, with Iran storing crude onshore as well as on vessels.’
12 September 2018
Oil Pushes past $80 as Iran fears mount
‘ “Iran is increasingly becoming the preoccupation of the crude market,” said consultants JBC Energy. “The last couple of weeks have seen the expected squeeze on Iranian crude flows taking shape, with overall outflows down markedly.” ’
11 September 2018
Oil Climbs Sharply as U.S. Exports Seen Rising
‘ “ The market’s attention has returned to geopolitics, with a recent attack on the HQ of Libya’s NOC adding to the rising level of uncertainty regarding the situation in the country, ” said JBC Energy in a research note. ’
If you would like to receive the presentation
please contact us at email@example.com
Upcoming - See us in action
22 - 23 November, 2018 - Saint Petersburg, Russia
Oil Terminal 2018
– Russian refining industry: current status and challenges ahead
29 November, 2018 - Athens, Greece
7th Annual Mediterranean Bunker Fuels Conference
– Refining industry outlook post 2020
In the Past
08 November, 2018 - Rotterdam, Netherlands
3rd Annual Gasoline, Naptha & LPG Conference
– China: Latest developments, challenges and new opportunities for the top of the barrel
22 October, 2018 - Riga, Latvia
8th Baltic Oil and Gas Trading and Transportation Conference
– The impact of Russia’s tax manoeuvre on regional trade routes for oil and petroleum products
01 October, 2018 - Vienna, Austria
10th Austro-Arab Economic Forum
– Energy Outlook; Innovations and Markets
Austro-Arab Chamber of Commerce
25 September, 2018 - Belgrade, Serbia
10th Oil Forum of the Energy Community
– The Future of oil price in perspective and its impact on oil stocks
24 - 26 September, 2018 - Singapore
34th Annual Asia Pacific Petroleum Conference (APPEC 2018)
– Executive Panel: Is oil losing its place to cleaner fuel and alternative energy?
13 September, 2018 - Brussels, Belgium
12th Annual European Refining Summit
Panel Discussion Moderation
– Crude flow dynamics: Examining how they have changed and why, and impacts for European refiners
– State of play for European refiners: latest on supply and demand, prices and profit margins, and consolidation movements
06 - 07 September, 2018 - Vienna, Austria
JBC Energy Matters Seminar – VIENNA 2018
We are excited to announce the Second Annual JBC Energy Matters Seminar, which will take place in Vienna on 6 & 7 September, 2018.JBC Energy Matters Seminar
28 - 29 June, 2018 - Vienna, Austria
1st Libyan-European Oil & Gas Summit
– Global Market Trends – Libya in Focus
NOC & HOT
05 February, 2018 - Rotterdam, Netherlands
5th Annual European Petrochemicals Conference
– Global Olefin Feedstock Landscape: Naphtha and NGLs Market in 2018
01 - 02 February, 2018 - Antwerp, Belgium
8th Middle Distillate Conference
– The 2020 Transition / Key Questions