Our Big Picture report series offers insights into all the most important market developments in global oil and gas markets as well as the wider energy sector. These publications deliver JBC Energy pioneering market views and are widely read by key decision makers in the energy industry.
The Energy market report is a daily bulletin delivering sharp and timely analysis on crude oil, petroleum product, natural gas, LNG and much more! This report tackles the key drivers of energy markets providing expert insights into recent market developments in a concise single page format.
- Daily commentary and analysis of the most important industry developments including those that go under the radar of most news outlets.
- Written by JBC Energy experts from every field always combining a wide array of opinions.
We see returning supply from Libya capped at around 650,000 b/d by mid-November. The picture on the demand side remains grim, and we have again reduced our near-term outlook.
The winter of product spreads oscillation begins
Global car sales return to growth for the first time since December 2019.
After a volatile day, crude futures settled almost flat US inventory data showed another big draw on products We take a closer look at middle distillate blending into the fuel oil pool
Our Market Watch report provides monthly analysis of key fundamental trends in crude oil, petroleum product, natural gas, LNG and freight markets. This report allows subscribers to explore the major trends driving markets and incorporates JBC Energy’s latest forecasts and outlooks
- Extended editorial examines in detail a key dynamic shaping the market
- Detailed analysis of supply and demand trends, with explicit and transparent revisions.
- Regular, chart-focused updates on seven key topics, including dedicated analysis of less-covered areas such as freight, natural gas and alternative fuels markets.
- Monthly data delivery which breaks down our forward-looking assessment of supply, demand, and balances across 10 geographical regions
The recovery in global oil demand is continuing, but at a decreasing pace, with the threat of renewed COVID-19 restrictions in Europe remaining acute
We take a look at the headwinds facing middle distillates in the coming year
We examine whether the prospects for the petchem sector are really as bright as substantial recent investment in new facilities would suggest.
In this month’s editorial, we assess the sustainability of the past weeks’ spectacular recovery in outright crude pricing
Our Benigni on Oil Markets (BoOM!) offers readers original and pioneering market views, focusing on potential and likely shifts in the underlying fundamentals in global energy markets. Johannes Benigni and leading JBC analysts give their immediate take on big picture issues and these are instantly available via our Insights service on our JBC Online platform.
Big ticket issues covered in the recent past include:
- IMO Repercussions
- What’s Next for Iran?
- US Crude Debottlenecking
- Is there still a Bright Future in Plastics?
- The Future with Covid-19
- The Case for Refinery Consolidation
We assess the global refinery overcapacity issues in a post COVID-19 environment. We provide an overview of regional vulnerabilities and potential consolidation paths.
We take a closer look at the potential of inventory developments amid the recent contango phase, discussing the impact high tertiary inventory builds over the low-price period may have on the near-term demand recovery.
We explore the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on oil markets and outline our new base case.
We explore some of the massive repercussions of the last few days' worth of OPEC+ action as well as possible paths forward.